Old 08-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Ann

aspasia expounded:

The Huntington told me their hibiscus are free of white fly because
about four years ago they acquired "parasitic wasps" from the "UC
Riverside Program". (Putting their actual words in quotes.)

I have no tomato hornworm proglem because of parasitic wasps. They
just appeared in my garden, however, I didn't introduce them.

Before approaching UC Riverside, may I ask the group:

Can a mere civilian gardener get/manage those wasps?

Of course you can.

Would they wander around and sting me?

I doubt it. They're very small, and not interested in territory
issues like their larger cousins. I have never been bothered by any
wasps or bee-types of any size in my garden, except for hornets, both
yellow jackets and white-faced.

--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts