Old 09-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Reel McKoi

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

On Fri, 06 May 2005 11:14:56 -0300, Derek Broughton

wrote:

Anne Lurie wrote:

I'm with Jan. You brought the trash in, and it is time for you to

take
it out.

Carol's never done anything on this newsgroup to deserve this treatment.
One more for the killfile...
plonk

I think that is because your killfile is filtering her aliases and/or
crossposts. Of course now she'll come back and rebut that, saying it
happened very few times...... well, those few times (more than I could
count) have been enough.

_I'll_ rebut that. I have seen ZERO evidence that Carol is in any way
responsible for this abuse of rec.ponds. It's possible she's occasionally
responded to a cross-posted troll, but who hasn't? It doesn't matter
whether the only reason J**** is here is because he & Carol have a feud,
you're wrong to suggest that she could, by any means, stop it. He'll stop
when he wants to, or when he can no longer reach the Internet.

I probably disagree with Carol, at least to some degree, on virtually

every
aspect of watergardening. She bills herself as the "frugal ponder" and I
don't believe in trying to do it on the cheap. But that's the sort of
difference that makes the group worth reading.

And then there's this:
"Reasoning w/Carol? I quit 2-3 days ago. ~ jan"

That's completely untrue. You've told her to go away so that others will
leave us in peace. That's neither reasoning nor reasonable. She's not

less
important to this group than you are, and I'm not prepared to drive her
away.
--
derek

Thank you Derek.