Old 09-05-2005, 01:14 AM
Michael Shaffer

DD DDD wrote:
I need a skimmer. The stuff that floats on top is to much. It drops or
blows in. Mostly small floating items. I have a 1800 gph (way enough)
pump that goes to my outside bio/mech filter. Does anyone have any ideas
since this is a small pond. Can I buy one for a pool? I have no idea how
to set this up. I was hoping not to have to buy another pump besides the
one I have now. 1800 gph is big for this size pond. Thank you

If you want to go cheap don't get the OASE Biosys 200, it's not very
good. It destroyed one of my pumps. The lip that is supposed to float at
water level can get stuck and cause the whole thing to go bouyant which
can put a lot of stress on the front of your pump.. Maybe it doesn't
happen much though since the guy at pondliner.com had never heard of
that happening before. They still replaced the pump though If I were
to do it again I would just get a real one that mounts on the side. I
just use a net though since there's not enough extra liner on my pond to
install one.