Old 09-05-2005, 03:00 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 8 May 2005 17:14:17 -0500, (DD DDD) wrote:

I need a skimmer. The stuff that floats on top is to much. It drops or
blows in. Mostly small floating items. I have a 1800 gph (way enough)
pump that goes to my outside bio/mech filter. Does anyone have any ideas
since this is a small pond. Can I buy one for a pool? I have no idea how
to set this up. I was hoping not to have to buy another pump besides the
one I have now. 1800 gph is big for this size pond. Thank you

Is the pump in the pond? If so, you can put a side skimmer on and put the
pump inside of that. Course that defeats any real movement of water below
the 2' depth.

The other alternative is put the plumbing in the pond, gravity feed to the
filter and have the pump push it from there to the waterfall (or however
the water returns to the pond). How to set up the filter and plumbing can
be seen at my website:
www.jjspond.us click on *My Filter*.

Or, there is a pump skimmer combo you could add to the pond called: Pond
Master Pond Skimmer/Filter System picture below
http://www.aqua-mart.com/show.pl?cmd...s&subcatid=167 You might
want to travel thru the Aqua-mart.com website as it has a bunch of
different brands of skimmers besides the one above. Let me know what
eventually works for you. Feedback is a very good thing. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a