Old 08-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Still more OT: Heartbreak department. Every trip to London I have to
ignore perfectly good pheasants by the roadside because of following
traffic. But this week I had to pass up the realisation of a fantasy
cherished for a lifetime: only one car behind me, clear road, and on
the verge an immaculately unmangled deer. But I'm now in a flat, with
absolutely nowhere to do the necessary. I hope you feel my pain.

Indeed. As someone who found a doe roe in just such condition with
slight head injuries, and happened to have a roll of bin-liners in the
boot and three acres and a stable yard to take it back to, my heart
bleeds - for you.

However, a word of warning: it is illegal to pick up even dead game
unless you have the permission of the landowner and you have a game
licence.

You are permitted to (say) despatch an injured pheasant, though you must
leave it there.

But only if there are witnesses, usually dressed in jackets and
kneebreeches...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/