Old 08-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Brian

"Mike" wrote in message

According to the books, it is a vigorous grower, once it gets going. We

have
one on the front North facing wall, and at long last, it has decided to

grow
and flower. (Well the buds are there). 3 Years maybe?.

Question. We have a trellis for it to go up to about 7 or 8 feet, but, are
we correct in saying that once it pops its head over the trellis, it will
stick to the house without double sided sticky tape, but on its own ;-))

?

You are quite correct. It will cling very much like Ivy. It is
not really worth the time involved~ though I've had one for many years.
However there is a large NT house on the Devon/Cornwall border [can't
remember its name] with a specimen/variety that is exceptionally splendid~
with heads similar to H. macrophylla. I have never seen this elsewhere or
heard/read of it at all. Have never understood why!
Best Wishes Brian.