Old 09-05-2005, 03:43 AM
Brian Mitchell

Hi,

From now on I shall address the bird as "Wren," since that cocked tail
does seem to be the distinguishing feature. But all the images of wrens
I looked at on the net (thanks to everyone who supplied urls) showed a
lot of differences, and none looked exactly like this one.

Most of the pictures showed a darker back and wings and paler breast,
but this one looks much the same all round. Some showed little balls of
fluff on a finger's end, whereas this one is not that small and has a
comparatively long, sleek neck. I suppose there must be variation among
wrens --as I have come to realise there is among sheep! (I'm in Wales).

So a wren it is. Thanks all.

Brian Mitchell