Old 09-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Steve

Chris Hogg wrote in
:

On 08 May 2005 15:21:54 GMT, Steve wrote:

One of my red leaved cordylines has snuffed it and on
inspection the bark at the base has rotted away and woodlice
have moved in. Another of these cordyline is suffering a
similar fate, although the bark has only rotted half way
round. Are the woodlice the culprits, or just taking
advantage? If not the woodlice, what is the cause? Thanks in
anticipation.

If it was frosted as Bob suggests, there's a good chance it
will shoot from the base and give you several new stems, so
don't be in too much hurry to dig it up.

I won't dig it up, but going by the state of the base I doubt the
root is alive.