Old 09-05-2005, 08:02 PM
len gardener

g'day pete,

dunno if you will ever find a difinitive answer as the agancies tend
to hedge around the real cause in a cause and effect situation.

the best and only way i know of that nature had employed to keep the
salt table down was trees particularly the gum trees, so naturally any
rehabilitation that way is going to take a very long time to even
begin to work. at the very least probably somewhere up near 70 years.

that's just how i see it these are the damages caused by long term
european style agriculture on the fragile soils and systems of
australia. styles that are still being emplyed although i hear farmer
types saying that the tree are need they still folloow the same clear
fell folly.

i will help with the web page as best i can i'm sure we can help you
get something online.

glad to see you still about pete, remember when you use te return addy
delete SPAM before sending, glad to help where i can hey and i'm no
tree hugger if they weren't needed then why did nature grow them?

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.