Old 09-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Layne

I'm from Hawaii and now live in Los Angeles and both places have hard
water. Lot's of minerals. Los Angeles has more chlorine too. For a
while I was letting the water sit in the sprayer at least over night.
As I get more plants I decided to throw up my hands and just use
straight tap water this year. My plants seem none the worse for it.

Layne

On 7 May 2005 09:00:47 -0700, (Don Walker) wrote:

Good morning,

I have hard water so I try to keep my watering can full so the calcium
can settle out and the chlorine can evaporate. The problem is that I
never seem to have enough water ready for my trees and it's just going
to get worse as the Summer heats up. I'm thinking of buying a barrel or
a large pot or maybe a filter.

How do you folks treat your bonsai water?

If you use a settling vessel how do you keep the mosquitoes out?

Thanks,
Don

Round Rock, TX
Zone 8b

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++