Old 09-05-2005, 02:40 PM
G & K Meyer

We had been at a garden center that carries pond plants and they had a
number of the elephant ears totally under water and plants where about 3ft
tall and told us that they have never had any trouble with rot. Could it be
the type? There is not a type listed on our wal-mart bulbs.

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message

"G & K Meyer" wrote in message
Got 6 elephant ear bulbs at Wal-Mart today. Not labeled as to what type
they are. The package showed green leaf and states could get 60" tall.
Put in pots with rocks, no dirt or cat liter, and placed some so just so

the
bottom of bulb in water and some completely under water. Will have to
see
what happens. Hope to get some shade on the pond from a couple of
these.
Has any one did this in Colorado? Any other advice? What about
wintering?

These bulbs will probably rot in water. These plants like damp well
drained
soil to thrive.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...