Old 09-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Phil L

Nick Maclaren wrote:
:: In article ,
:: Sue Begg writes:
::::
:::: I would have thought that if they were spreading by seeding then
:::: they would have possibly crossed with something else and would
:::: no longer be pure to the 'protected' variety
::
:: It doesn't matter what a gardener, biologist or other semi-sane
:: person thinks; what matters is what the bureaucrats and lawyers
:: think.

God forbid anyone should take any notice of them!....I noticed a capital P
on a label stuck in some lobelia seedlings in the supermarket the other
day...the P is for protection! - it's just another 'jobs for the boys'
ruling like the ones where it's now illegal to replce a lightswitch in your
house, or replace a pane of glass.

- To the OP, do what you want, unless you are doing it on a grand scale
(anything larger than supplying a couple of greengrocers for example) you
won't get your collar felt.

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.