Old 10-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Hunter77 Hunter77 is offline
Registered User

Default Ants On My Mango Seedling!

I successfully started a mango from seed about 5 and 1/2 months again. The seedling looks great. It survived transplant without shock and has finally started to grow again after 2 months of stunting due to lack of light. It was only about 2 days ago that I saw ants swarming on the leaves. I quickly removed them and set up a barrier with tape. But the ants are persistent, still finding away around the barrier. The ants don't appear to be doing any damage but I would like to know why this happening and if it could be a problem.

P.S. The ants also took a liking to my peppers because I also have an aphid/whitefly problem. The ants are attracted to the sap.