Old 10-05-2005, 02:35 AM
JonHirschman

So far grass seed and mowing has given me weeks, fungus at least once a
year, and grubs. I'm interested in your suggestion, and how they will yield
a better lawn.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"JonHirschman" wrote in message
newssyfe.4261$N_5.1671@trndny09...
I live in Northern NJ and am thinking about contracting with a lawn
service to take care of the fertilizer and other weed treatments?

I have about 1/3 acre of grass. Will the results be any better then what
I could accomplish myself?

Any recommondations.

Depends on your goal. If the point is to poison children and birds, you
can do that more cheaply yourself. If the goal is to have a better lawn,
you can do that for next to nothing, with nothing but grass seed and
intelligent mowing. Interested?