Old 10-05-2005, 03:40 AM

Then it sounds like it's different than what I have in some spots in my
lawn. It sounds like what you have is a weed grass too though. There
are selective herbicides that will kill many weed grasses, but not harm
turf. I zapped the weed grass I have with Acclaim and it's working on
it. Regular broadleaf weed killers won't work on these, because they
are not broadleaf weeds. Acclaim is generally sold in commercial
quantities. You might want to try something like Ortho Crabgrass
killer, which is another selective grass killer and should be easier to
find. It not only kills crabgrass, but also other weed type grass.
That is the type of product you'll need, unless you want to resort to
using Roundup and reseeding.