Old 10-05-2005, 05:39 AM
andy gasse

Hi!
It all depends what you intend to grow. With higher light comes the need for
CO2 and ferts.
I'd go for the AH Supply 2 x 36W bright kit.
http://ahsupply.com/36-55w.htm
Go for the 34.5" reflector and get them to include the free plans for the
hood
This will give you just over 2 WPG and allow you to grow most plants
easily. You will need CO2 but can get away with a DIY setup. The kit will
run you about $100US plus shipping (including bulbs)
The other option is 2 36" bulbs under your own canopy.
I would suggest the following:
Philips Daylight 6500K F30T12/D/RS 30W
Also asper your previous post onthe GE Chroma 50, here's a link to a
comprehensive comparative list of the various bulbs.
www.jrock.com/old_info/bulbs.postHope this wrote
in message oups.com...
Hi,

My tank is 36"L and 12"W... so if I was getting one of aqualights
systems or retrofits, 36" is the size I should be getting right?

If the answer is yes, all of the systems come with 96W bulbs.

And I would have an open tank. Not too keen on it but if it's an option
I will consider.

It's too much for my needs (either for plants and for my pocket).

Any chances of getting a 65W bulb in those?

What would you recomend, in an economic standpoint?
Not for the initial purchase but for energy consumption?