Old 10-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

My trifoliata got an annual feed of 10-10-10 and that was it...produced up
to 200 oranges per year. A hedge of them make great animal
barriers....also
make an excellent root stock for oranges and is grown as such down in
Florida...HW

That's fine - but they've got their feet in soil. This is
UK.rec.gardening, and any orange tree left outside here in yhe UK all
year would very soon be an ex-orange tree, so the tree is potted.

My two-year-old lemon trees thrive on ordinary potting compost mixed
with some bonemeal. In the spring I give them some nitrogen, in the form
of smelly infusion of nettles.

Two of the most vigorous (all pips from the same lemon) are over five
feet tall, while the smallest is about nine inches...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/