Old 10-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"BAC" writes:

| I have three CODs, 6th edition, 8th edition, and electronic version, ...

I have access to the OED, and this is what it says, in full:

psychopath: One affected with psychopathy; a mentally deranged person.

psychopathy: Mental disease or disorder; `mental disorder considered
apart from cerebral disease' (Billings). In mod. use, personality
disorder that lacks a physiological basis, characterized by markedly
impulsive, egocentric, irresponsible, and antisocial behaviour, and an
inability to form normal relationships with others, sometimes
accompanied by aggressiveness or charm and manifested at all levels of
intelligence; the state of such a disorder.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.