Old 10-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Klara

In message , Dave
writes
Often 2 miles in any direction is warm and dry and sunny, while we
shiver in the fog.

Poor you! I often have the reverse - I sit on the inside edge of a
horse-shoe shaped ridge on the Chilterns, and quite often I am in
sunshine and can see fog and rain and cloud all around. But I also get
a lot more wind which makes it harder to grow many things until I can
grow a shelter belt - another 15-25 years!!

Weather forecasts often apply all around me, but not to my own little
patch which has its own ideas. But then that's micro climates for you,
and we all live in them :-)

That's what happens: desperate to move out of our tiny third-floor
London flat once I couldn't get the pushchair down the stairs, we hit a
property boom: houses had gone before we ever got the particulars and
prices shot up every week, so we made an instant decision on the best we
could get under the circumstances. Thirty years and two more babies
later, here we still are. Though not the girls, of course: they've all
gone to live on south-facing, sunny hillsides. But until we retire there
seems to be no time to think about moving....

--
Klara, Gatwick basin