Old 10-05-2005, 04:42 PM
kathy

Drat those herons!

Nets work but for a number of reasons some
pond people do not want to use nets.

And yes, the sprinkler works for some ponders.
We've had reports on rec.ponds over the years.
Jan uses one but she is gone for the day or
I'd E her to get her to answer.

It really depends on how your yard is set up
and where your pond is situtated in the yard.

I've communicated with the company that makes
the sprinklers and they suggest for really aggressive
herons to set up two of the sprinklers at a 75 degree
angle to one another.

You have to be prepared to experiment. I'd
leave the net on while doing it if you don't want to
lose any more finned friends.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ raccoons