Old 10-05-2005, 07:50 PM
backyardpond

Hi Jeff,
For what it's worth to you. My wife and I have also had potential Heron
problems. Fortunately we saw them just as they arrived. We purchased a
fake Heron and placed it by the pond, we also move it to a different
location every few days. So far, so good. That was last year, and we
haven't lost any fish yet. We would hate to lose any of them. I have heard
stories of people who have lost every one of their fish to these birds.
Hope this helps a little. Bob
--
Find articles, pictures, filter media, homemade pond filter, and more at
www.backyard-pond-guide.com

"Jeff Brown" wrote in message
I need to hear from people that are using the "scarecrow" sprinkler to

scare
off critters as to whether it really works, pros & cons. After two years

of
our pond life, a heron has discovered it. We have a bird sanctuary but

that
is not the bird we want and before we actually got to see it, some of our
oldest fish are gone and we are heartsick. I have the pond netted right

now
but I would like to use the sprinkler if it really works. Thanks for any
comments and suggestions.
Kathy