Old 10-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Tumbleweed

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
snip

there's nothing new about Building Regs. I've looked at the site, and
I can certainly replace a pane of glass myself without being a member
of anything. What's involved here is _replacement installation_, not
repair. Replacement windows and doors have to meet new requirements,
that's all: and that's a very good thing. A sample from the site:

Where a window or windows is/are completely replaced (as opposed to
repaired) in existing dwellings, they must comply with Approved
Documents Parts L1 and N (safety in relation to impact).

And you don't have to be a qualified electrician to do electrical
work. You have to meet the regs, that's all. It's been true all my
life, give or take a detail or two.

Whats the site? I've just replaced a number of internal doors, would be
interesting to see what regs apply to a door! I wonder if a door purchased
from a DIY store would anyway meet the regs? And how would someone buying my
house in say 5 years time know if they had been replaced/met the regs?

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com