Old 10-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Alan Holmes

"bigboard" wrote in message
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

The message
from Chris Bacon contains these words:
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

(dispatching trapped squirrels)
A decent air rifle is more than adequate, and needs no licence. An air
pistol is sufficient for dispatching them in traps.

Hm, I'm not sure that this would necessarily be quick, or safe. They
tend to dash about in the cage (*understatement*), so an instantly
fatal shot is very difficult, which might lead to some suffering -
there's the question of ricochets as well.

Perhaps this out to go in a reference document, like the c4t5 one.

Depends how good a shot you are, and the distance you are shooting from.

We don't bother to trap squirrels, but shoot them in the plantations.

Oooh, painful. A head shot is quicker.

So, how do you get the thing to stay still long enough to enable you to
shoot it?

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
-- E. Rutherford