Old 10-05-2005, 09:59 PM
John Savage

(David Efflandt) writes:
It certainly seems to grow well in this area, there were many sprouts this
year from dropped fruit pits. Since the existing tree is too close to a
fence, I transplanted the best 2 year old sprout to a better location with
more space around it. Time will tell if I did that right.

Does anyone know of a good web site to help identify type of peach?

It might be a seedling, i.e., a peach of no particular known variety that
has grown from a discarded seed. It need not follow the genetics of just
its parent tree. The fact that it is badly positioned too close to a fence
tends to support this: that it is growing where a seed/stone fell and not
where a good gardener would have planted a young tree. Does it have any
visible grafts?