Old 10-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Charles the baby crusher Paisley

Jeff Brown wrote:
I need to hear from people that are using the "scarecrow" sprinkler

to scare
off critters as to whether it really works, pros & cons. After two

years of
our pond life, a heron has discovered it. We have a bird sanctuary

but that
is not the bird we want and before we actually got to see it, some of

our
oldest fish are gone and we are heartsick. I have the pond netted

right now
but I would like to use the sprinkler if it really works. Thanks for

any
comments and suggestions.
Kathy

I use one for the cats and racoons it works pretty darn well... after
some trial and error I was able to turn down the sensitivity to keep it
from spraying the squirrles and birds.

One word of caution... make sure you use REALLY GOOD garden hose to
connect it, most hoses don't survive the constant presure.