Old 10-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sue Begg contains these words:

Unless it is one hell of a large trap anything caught in it could easily
be despatched with an air gun which does not need a license.
I am in the position where I have a smallholding with shooting rights
over enough land to entitle me to a shotgun certificate should I require
one, but most of the vermin that we kill can easily be dispatched with
an air gun.

You don't need *ANY* land to be eligible for a shotgun certificate.

It can only be refused on the grounds of insanity, or having commited a
crime which carries a six month sentence or more - unless the Firearms
Act has been amended while I wasn't looking.

You don't even need somewhere to shoot - but you must have 'a secure
place' in which to keep your shotgun(s).

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/