Old 11-05-2005, 03:12 AM
John T. Jarrett

Terry Robbins sent:

I've just received an Ulmus americana 'Princeton' in a five gallon pot ...
but I am curious if anyone has successfully cultivated this tree for
bonsai.

I can't imagine the leaves would ever reduce well enough. My experience in
Texas is Ulmus Americana and Ulmus elliphino (Cedar Elm and Winged Elm). The
latter is difficult to tell from Chinese Elm and is often sold as such and
the leaves are already only an inch or two long. American Elm down here has
4 inch leaves!

My 2 cents anyway...would love to hear of a success and just how tall said
bonsai is :)

John
in Houston

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++