Old 11-05-2005, 04:53 AM
kathy

Default Cranes (the bird kind) and pond fish

Otto Pylot wrote I
really hate to cover the pond with netting

A couple of options to try
beyond netting:

There is this over the water electric fence called
the Pond Guardian Electric Fence. I have yet to
run into anyone who has used it but have noticed
it in magazines and on the web for about a year
now.

There is also the FiShock electric dog fencing.

Or the Scarecrow, motion activated sprinkler.
I've talked to the manufacturer and they recommend
two placed at a 75 degree angle to each other for
real persistant birds

What works for you depends on how your pond is set up
and how it lays in your yard.

You can go to www.froogle.com and get an idea of the
cost.

good luck!!