Old 11-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Sacha

On 10/5/05 22:03, in article
, "Phil L"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
:: On 10/5/05 19:15, in article
:: , "Phil L"
:: wrote:
::
:: snip
::: from what I can gather these PBR's are nothing
::: more than a type of 'copyright' on a certain plant, this can do
::: no more than stop a rival comercial grower from reproducing them,
::: it cannot stop individuals from doing what they want.
::: ever.
:::
::
:: "from what I can gather" is not a good premise on which to advise
:: other people on a potential legal question.

OK, what I should have said is, "go ahead and do what you like, no one has
ever been prosecuted in the UK for infringing these PBR's"

Wake up and smell the coffee Sacha! - imagine if the OP is at her Charity
sale and the owner of the PBR *himself* walks past (the one person out of 60
million in the UK) what is he to do?

snip
I clearly said that I doubted anyone would worry about a few plants at a
charity sale BUT that if you intended to make yourself a business out of
someone else's property, you could be in trouble. If you have reading and
comprehension difficulties I'm afraid that's not my problem.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)