Old 11-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 10/5/05 7:49, in article

,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message

snip
Many thanks Sacha~~ I know Lanhydrock well and it was not there. It

was
Cotehele~~ has just come to me!!
The flowers were almost entirely sterile, compact and large. Put me

off
my poor effort for life!!
Best Wishes Brian

Probably a Schizophragma

I think you've cracked it! That rings a loud bell. We have planted one

in
a shaded corner of the house and it has been there two years. It's just
starting to get going.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Ours took a while too but is planted on the north side in rubbish, its been
flowering for a couple of seasons now. We have been trying to work out where
we could fit the other species (we have hydranoides) I have always quite
fancied the form 'Rosea' but have never found one for sale when I had money
in my pocket!!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk