Old 11-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearDrummer
Well, the beer didn't turn up any slugs, but the problem seems to have died down... My daughter has been finding LOTS of slugs in the back
yard, though... she thinks they are cool....

She knows that Daddy is mean to slugs if he finds them near the various garden areas, though...

On a side note, she got to see her first flower in her garden today - one of the oriental peas flowered - and is already producing a pod...
she is so excited I had to show her a "full grown pea pod" to keep her from picking and eating it right then... but I am going to post this in another post.....

Bear Drummer,

Thanks for letting us know. If the beer didn't turn up any slugs, then it probably isn't a slug problem. Glad to read that your daughter is learning to enjoy the garden. It's such a wondrous world to them.

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.