Old 11-05-2005, 03:19 PM
sparklingblue

It's worked great for us. We tried using a net but frogs kept getting
caught in it and it was hard to use it with tall plants. The Scarecrow was
the answer. It's the noise and the water and of course the suddenness of
all that activity that scares off the predators. Cons are- forgetting it is
turned on, forgetting to turn it on, scaring some animals you may not want
to scare (you can turn its sensitivity down to not scare squirrels though),
goes off with shadows moving or if the wind blows bushes in its range,
having to know when to change the battery and water usage if it goes off a
lot like on a windy day. Pros- nothing gets caught in it, lawn gets watered
too, does not distract from pond view, is very effective at its job, keeps
nosy neighbors from venturing near your pond- lol.

Sharon

"Jeff Brown" wrote in message
I need to hear from people that are using the "scarecrow" sprinkler to

scare
off critters as to whether it really works, pros & cons. After two years

of
our pond life, a heron has discovered it. We have a bird sanctuary but

that
is not the bird we want and before we actually got to see it, some of our
oldest fish are gone and we are heartsick. I have the pond netted right

now
but I would like to use the sprinkler if it really works. Thanks for any
comments and suggestions.
Kathy