Old 11-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Jupiter

On Wed, 11 May 2005 08:36:37 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

Alan Gould wrote:
In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes

Widespread ground frost predicted, with air temperatures going to -2°C

Just in case anyone's not heard the weather foretaste.

(Just brought in the potted lemmings...)

Thanks a bundle. I'd not heard it when I planted out over 100 veggy
seedlings on Sunday. Is that Sod's Law or Gardener's Luck?

At 7.0 this morning, got up looked out the window. Beautiful sunny
morning, lovely white frost everywhere, oh dear my poor potatoes. Just
South of Stoke on Trent. (North Midlands for the geographically
impaired. :-)

I overwintered dahlias in the ground for the first time ever ( with a
thick compost mulch over them). They're sprouting with abandon now and
I'm having to go out and cover them up every night. No casualties as
yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Be a nuisance if they've
survived a winter in the ground and get nipped now.