Old 11-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Pam Moore

On 11 May 2005 01:01:30 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi - I purchased an asparagus crowns in the middle of April and planted
it out. The garden nursery said it was a two year old asparagus and
should crop this year, albeit lightly. I know its only been one month,
but it looks a bit spindly to me.

I think yours have established quite well but DON'T cut any.
I put in 5 crowns about 7 years ago, and this year have already had 4
pickings, the best ever.
I also planted, last year, 2 plnts from pots, bought from garden
centre, and 9 seedlings grown at home. The 2 from pots have not shown
at all and of the seedlings, so far only 2 are showing the tiniest bit
of feathery leaf.
Be patient! It will be worth the wait.

Pam in Bristol