Old 11-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Phil L

Janet Baraclough wrote:
:: The message
:: from "Phil L" contains these words:
::
::: Janet Baraclough wrote:
::::: The message
::::: from "Phil L" contains these words:
:::::
:::::
:::::: Err..I'm fairly new here and haven't got a clue what plant
:::::: breeders rights are,
:::::
::::: We noticed. Why advise others on a subject you haven't a clue
::::: about?
::
::: Is that the Royal 'we'?....
::
:: No, it's the plural "we" . Several people other than myself
:: noticed your cluelessness in this thread, concerning PBR, glazing
:: and electrical regulations, and corrected your wrong information.
::

Not wrong information at all, the man in the street cannot glaze windows nor
install any electric sockets etc unless he is 'trained' to do so and covered
by various bits of legal claptrap....if you pay the government the asking
price, you can get all kinds of everyday stuff outlawed, hence the 'jobs for
the boys' jibe.

::: from what I can gather these PBR's are nothing
::: more than a type of 'copyright' on a certain plant, this can do
::: no more than stop a rival comercial grower from reproducing them,
::: it cannot stop individuals from doing what they want.
::: ever.
::
:: PBR legislation applies equally to individuals who propagate for
:: commercial use without a licence.
::

I have not said otherwise, only that nothing will happen if she (the OP)
does - try reading the OP - she asked for opinions on whether she would be
in trouble, not legal advice - that would have been sent to uk.legal and not
a gardening group - opinions - IE 'has anyone ever heard of anyone getting
dusted?', my answer is a resounding NO! and I've yet to hear from anyone in
here that they have heard of it happening either.

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.