Old 11-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Doug Kanter

"Henny bogan" wrote in message
No I didn't and that's probably the reason it's not growing. I usually
read the instructions but this time I didn't. If I saw that they had
said that I wouldn't have bought the product and opted for a regular
good spring mixture without week killer. i don't even have many weeds.

I have kept it moist but when the week killer is obviously doing it's
number on the seed there's nothing you can do and this will go on for
about 8 weeks now at least.

yup I'll bet that's the reason!

Yup. Don't use chemicals at all, since none of them are safe. But if you
insist, try and understand them first. Meanwhile, go back to a garden store
and get yourself some burlap and bricks for your next attempt. After
seeding, cover with burlap, hold down the burlap with bricks so the wind
doesn't blow it away, and water (WITH A MIST, NOT A STRONG STREAM OF WATER)
right through the burlap. When the grass sprouts right through the burlap,
you'll be able to lift it right off and store it for the next use, like when
the electric company digs up your lawn for some reason.