Old 11-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Birgitte

"Greg Cooper" skrev i en meddelelse
news:9fhge.59066$HR1.22004@clgrps12...
Birgitte wrote:

Hi greg, thats terribel, I tried simular thing only at my pond it was a
mink and 3 big goldfish
have you considert some sort of cover for your pond

Current protection consists of:
1) black plastic netting across the pond,
2) One Water scare crow,
3) Modified water scare crow altered to activate a "party" strobe light.

So far so good - we took out the fido fence as it didnt seem to phase the
raccoon and mostly zapped us.
For some reason this raccoon does not attempt to rip through the mesh,
although he certainly code.

I imagine having a Mink come to visit could be really bad.
When I was a child my dad had a large earth dug pond mostly for swimming
in but stocked with some trout. It was next to a small stream. One
summer a Muskrat moved in, ate all the fish and frogs and finished up by
digging a tunnel through the bank from pond to stream and draining the
pond for us. I remember my Dad was not pleased.

Hi, Greg
I didn't know that muskrat would take fish, I never seen them here in
denmark, but heard that tey are comming up from Germany now and live in the
southern of Denmark now
Nasty little animal, sure hope they wil stay in the southern Denmark.
Must be terrible to find the pond whithout any fishand ending up whitout
water too .
wonder if the muskrat will go througe anepdm rubber ?
--

regards
Birgitte Windfeld