Old 11-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Kay

In article , Tim Tyler writes
newsb wrote or quoted:
In article , Tim Tyler writes

Blueberrys are not necessarily /that/ steep. I bought a Blueberry bush
recently - from:

http://www.hedging.co.uk/acatalog/In..._23.html#10553

They have three varieties - for 3.75 UKP (plus postage) each - for a two
foot tall blueberry in my case. Big and cheap - IMO.

Hmm. I bought 4 blueberries (2 each of Herbert and Berkeley, I think)
from there. They were quite small - probably no more than 9" including
the small pots. They looked as if they were a year or two or three old
- but almost bonsaied. One of the varieties has quite a thick (by
comparison) main woody stalk with little bits of growth off it. This
seemed to be very susceptible to white mildew (perhaps it got a bit dry
during posting - certainly, the raspberry canes that came at the same
time did and less than half of them have even started to show any new
growth yet despite being put in raspberry heaven). A quick squirt of
some proprietary unfungal sorted it out - but none of the plants are
very active Certainly *way* short of 2'!). Maybe I got end of season
runts

Maybe I was lucky, then.

I got a grape vine, a chokeberry, a white mulberry and a blueberry.

Why are you interested in growing a *white* mulberry?

All are doing well, except the mulberry - which only has a half-dozen
buds on it - and they are only just starting to open up.

They are one of the last trees to come into leaf.
--
Kay