Old 12-05-2005, 06:30 AM
Conor Redmond

Rhonda Anderson wrote:
james dawson wrote in news:BEA1A359.DD9%
:

Hi,

A friend is wanting to contain a lemon in a pot.

Space is limited, so he is looking for the following:

1. min. size pot
2. variety of lemon

Thanks in advance

There is a new dwarf Meyer lemon out - Lots a Lemons - which would be a
good one for a pot. I haven't tried it myself, and couldn't tell you what
size pot, but your friend may like to check it out. There's a little about
it here

http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s1345780.htm

Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

I have the dwarf Meyer Lemon. The one I have is about 12 inches high but
had an amazing number of lemons on it for the size. The fragence of
the flowers is just as good as the fruit.

They say the dwarf variety can make it to 6-8 feet but this is Seattle
so I'll be happy just to keep it alive.

Cheers
Conor
http://www.gardennut.com