Old 12-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Katra

In article .com,
wrote:

I have some dwarf peach trees that are about 5 years old. In spite of
diligent pruning the trees seem to be adding size at the expense of
making fruit. I live in northern Arkansas, which is not known for its
rich soil, and I haven't been adding fertilizer of any sort. I have
one peach nearby that is a few years older, and it is prolific every
year, but hasn't added anywhere near the mass the newer trees have. In
spite of having a large amount of new growth (pruned in winter) from
last year on two of the trees in particular, between them there may
have been only a dozen blossoms this spring.
I welcome any observations/advice regarding this.
Thanks,
Bill

You could try a high phosphorous fertilizer to encourage blooming?

Sure worked for my Peruvian daffodils. ;-)

I used Bone meal and I need to go and get some more.
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain