Old 12-05-2005, 05:50 AM
Steve

Angie Malacaman wrote:

I just recently moved from Southeast Florida to the Cleveland Ohio
area.

You poor girl.

I have a collection of over 100 orchids that have flourished in
the south Florida climate, mostly Phals, Dendrobiums, catalaya's,
oncidiums, and vanda's. I kept them all in a screen enclosure so they
are used to pleanty of sunlight, breeze, and rain water. Now, I have
them in a climate controlled, glass sun room. Is there anything I can
do to lessen the climate shock?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, summer is coming. That may be to your advantage. If you are able
to, put some or all of them outside in an area shaded at least during
mid day. For a few months, the weather will not be too different from
Florida. That might make the transition a little easier.

Steve