Old 12-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Tiger303 Tiger303 is offline
Registered User

Location: Manchester
Default Plum/Peach aphid leaf curl

finally established exactly whats up with my plum tree and its called aphid leaf curl. Last year aphids were rampant and caused the leafs to curl, drop, and stunted growth, resulting in very few flowers this spring. Also caused a good few branches/stems to die, which i removed last weekend.

this year i've got the aphids under control, however the newer leaves are again curling and turning brown.

ideally i'd remove tree and plant a new one, but this unfortunately isn't an option due to its position.

I read that growth after May shouldn't be affected, but i'm wondering if anyone's had any success controlling this disease? Should i hard prune the affected shoots to healthy leaves lower down after May in hope of tree responding in healthier growth.

thanks for your help.