Old 12-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
" Bottom line: They are not safe, and cannot be tested in a way that's
considered valid by any well-informed adult."

I think that about says it all. It shows how unreasonable guys like
you are. No amount of testing, no data, nothing could ever convince
you that any pesticide is safe. You might be well informed, but
certainly you aren't rational.

The only way to test whether a substance is safe to ingest is to (can you
guess?), INGEST IT. This is how new medicines are tested. You wouldn't want
your kids to take drugs that weren't properly tested. Why would you want
them rolling around on a lawn that was sprayed with stuff that cannot be
tested? In addition, if you stopped pretending to be unaware of the dangers
of the so-called "inert" ingredients, you'd admit that they're kept quiet
because many are already known to be dangerous.

And you conveniently focus on grubs and one type of spring fungus,
which you don't even identify, like they are the only insect or fungus
problems a lawn is likely to encounter. I guess we should just ignore
the dozens of other common ones and pretend they don't exist.

I'm not pretending they don't exist. I've never encountered them. Doesn't
matter. There's always a better way than poison to improve a lawn or a
garden. But, your industry thrives because people are too busy or lalzy to
research the dangers of what you sell, and they're too fixated on instant
gratification.