Old 12-05-2005, 02:48 PM
nortyler

Default pumping wet vac

In the archive there seems to be varying opinion about the
effectiveness of the wet-vacs that also have a pump. The opinions go
from pure joy to so-so. I have a wet vac but was thinking about
upgrading or adapting my wet-vac to use while the pond is full. I
would like to use it to clean bi-monthly or perhaps more as I am not
using a skimmer. I also have another pond with no filtration that mucks
up quite a bit. I have just been doing annual drain and clean, but a
wet-vac solution sounds intriguing.

Do the pumps work any faster than gravity ?

How long can one of the pumping units work while pumping before
filling?

Any conversions of a
typical wet-vac to pond cleaner?

It would be nice to fertilize different parts of the garden with the
attached hose. Anyone got this system working well?