Old 12-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
"If it's a choice between salad or no salad, and there is no organic
lettuce,
I'll buy regular lettuce. "

I see, so it's OK to put chemicals on food that goes in your mouth,
it's just not ok for some of us to do it with lawns. Maybe that makes
sense to you, but not to me or most people.

Do you think they're the same chemicals?

"Besides, I'm a gardener. I'm familiar with which crops actually
require more chemicals than others. "

Wow, with credentials like that, why should anyone doubt that you know
how easy it is to commercially grow thousands of acres of wheat,
soybeans and corn without chemicals.

My credentials go further than yours. I actually read, and absorb what I've
read. If you wanted to know how commercial crops were managed, you could
find out. Or, I should say, a child could help you, if he or she had the
patience.

"What business are you in?"

That's none of your business

"How old are you? "

Old enough to know an environmental whacko when I see one.

As I said, you have a political and cultural agenda.