Old 12-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Doug Kanter

"Janet Price" wrote in message
Leon Trollski wrote:
If mass plantings are done the way I read, the turf should be peeled back
and bulbs planted underneath. It seems hard to believe a bulb can push
through the turf like that!! Any experiences here?

I plant small stuff by angling a spade into the lawn and sort of bending
it up, then pop a few tiny bulbs in and stomp down. Have done crocus and
bluets--small nodding deep blue flowers, not sure what they're really
called--this way in a couple places I've lived. Simple and works just
fine. I have daffs in one place in the lawn in my current house from
previous owners. Greens come up and no flowers for five years now.

After the greens come up, how long are you waiting before you mow them? And,
are you applying high nitrogen fertilizer to the lawn?