Old 12-05-2005, 05:35 PM
San Diego Joe

" wrote:

my local garden center sells specilized pond ferts for $10 a bag. it
contains 10 tabs which obvious don't last long. in the plants they
sells i see regular tiny marble sized ferts. this is what i intend to
use this season because i can by a 10lb bag of that stuff for $10.

what should i get? i'm guessing a 10-10-10 mix with all the micro's.
any recomendations on which brand? should it be water soluable or not?

thanks.

I'd search on the web for the specialized pellets, that's way too much. You
can also use "Tomato stakes." I forget the exact formulation, but they are
perfect and very cheap.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the pond gods, find me a young virgin... oh,
and bring something to kill"