Old 12-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Lt. Kizhe Catson

Snooze wrote:
"Bette E" wrote in message

After having been given a chance to end this mess, how is it that any
caring, otherwise responsible individual, could continue to let this
happen to this site, let alone to the many nice people who had become
friends?

Frankly the problem is that rec.ponds is caught the crossfire in a war
between jabriol and carol aka "reel mckoi"

At the risk of injecting facts into the discussion, my observation is
that Carol has been fairly consistent in removing rec.ponds from the
x-posts. It is largely Jabriol (and a few people from other groups,
either through malice or carelessness) who are leaving it or adding it
back in (and of course, quite a few of the posts coming from "Carol" are
fairly obvious forgeries, presumably by Jabby). IOW, the "cross-fire"
is coming mostly from one direction.

I suspect that most of us really couldn't careless about Carol and her war
with the jehovah witness.

No, we don't. But the situation is not helped when rec.ponders start
blaming the wrong party.

Probably the best thing at this point is for *everyone* (yes, that
includes me, and *particularly* includes Carol) is to firmly ignore ALL
Jab-inspired posts and threads for at least two weeks. They're not hard
to recognize; thus they're not hard to ignore.

I am starting NOW.

Unfortunately there isn't a easy way to remove one or both parties, they
both use anonymous relays, so with out the assistance of the remailer it's
difficult if not impossible to complain to their ISP about their abuse. In
either case isps are fairly reluctant to can accounts for being a putz on
usenet.

-- Kizhe