Old 12-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Sue Begg

In message , Klara
writes
http://www.metcheck.com/

Tried 'drying time': well, no washing for me this week...
Could have a chilly BBQ on Friday, though.

Then I tried the 'rest of 2005' link, which turned out in fact to be
the next 12 months - and found nothing but rain, with just a few
isolated sunny periods - now, that would really depress me, if I
believed it....

Reality check on metcheck:

Wonderful drying weather all week so far ...

still waiting to find out about Friday's BBQ

but:

"Predictions of a scorching summer today prompted the Government to
send out a warning on how to cope in a heatwave.
The Met Office has issued an alert that temperatures in July and August
could match the 101F recorded in Kent in 2003.
Now the Department of Health says it will distribute leaflets telling
people how to keep cool and protect themselves from the sun."

I think I'll believe this one - after all, I'd rather be happy until
the forecast is proved wrong...

Yup :-) a bit like horoscopes - if I read them and they are good - I am
a believer. If they are bad - it is all a load of codswallop :-))
Let's just be happy in anticipation. But maybe we should stockpile water
for when the water shortage inevitably happens !!
--
Sue Begg

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!