Old 12-05-2005, 05:33 PM
La Croix Joreau

kate morgan wrote:
I have a half acre paddock that I want cutting. it is flat and not very
long
just one or two patches which have got a bit tufty. I want the grass
picking
up as our little old pony goes in there during the day.My son in law
usually
does it but he is not available at the moment. it took him two hours
approx,
The point of my post is that a guy came to look at it yesterday and
quoted
£100, I think that is a bit much or am I out of touch with prices.
kate

Prices vary depending on where you live but the chap that cuts our lawns
charges £11 per hour and supplies his own equipment. You're being ripped
off!
--
Sacha

Yes I thought that and sent him on his way. It is difficult to find peeps to
do any jobs, in the old days every village had a couple of odd job men happy
to earn some extra cash but not any more. I would do it myself but the mower
is heavy and I cannot start it :-) I will keep on looking.

kate

If you buy a new lawn mower that you can use you could cover the cost of
the mower within a couple of cuts at £50 an hour